Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Rogers R-360 bass drum claws and T-rods

Hi - does anyone know of a source for Rogers R-360 hoop claws and T-rods? I'm getting a four piece set from Guitar Center, but it's missing the front hoop. It's the original oval badge, MIJ late-1960s 360, made by Yamaha, but not sure if the hardware was Yamaha or Rogers make. Also not sure if those R-360 parts were totally different from the Yamaha and Rogers line. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Mike

Posted on 6 years ago

Rogers 360

Welcome to the Forum

Have you seen the kit in person?

If it is the one at the Guitar Center in Orange CT be careful.

I actually ordered the kit and they shipped it to the Orange store and the person that packaged it from the original store placed the FT inside the BD without any good bubble wrap or taking the legs off. There are 3 dents inside the BD shell where it chipped the wood off the inside. I ended up not accepting the kit even though the wrap is very cool. I asked for a lower price and they would not do it, I see it is still selling for the same price I was going to pay before it was damaged. You may want to ask why it was showing at another store and is now there for the same price.

Michael

Here is a link to the thread i posted about the kit when I first ordered it

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=60529

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 6 years ago

From CTMichaelV

Rogers 360Welcome to the Forum Have you seen the kit in person?If it is the one at the Guitar Center in Orange CT be careful.I actually ordered the kit and they shipped it to the Orange store and the person that packaged it from the original store placed the FT inside the BD without any good bubble wrap or taking the legs off. There are 3 dents inside the BD shell where it chipped the wood off the inside. I ended up not accepting the kit even though the wrap is very cool. I asked for a lower price and they would not do it, I see it is still selling for the same price I was going to pay before it was damaged. You may want to ask why it was showing at another store and is now there for the same price.MichaelHere is a link to the thread i posted about the kit when I first ordered ithttp://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=60529

Hi Michael - could this actually be the same kit? It looks like your post was from May 2015. Does that mean the kit has been int he store since then? Thanks, Mike

Posted on 6 years ago

From rogers360

Hi Michael - could this actually be the same kit? It looks like your post was from May 2015. Does that mean the kit has been int he store since then? Thanks, Mike

My mistake! 2015 is your join date - your post was from October. Sorry about that!

Posted on 6 years ago

I originally ordered the kit the beginning of Oct. I went to get it on the 20th. It was reposted after I "returned" it. The kit is in OK condition, the BD, where the wrap seam is, the tail end of the wrap seam has not faded as much, could also be glue bleed through. It really is a beautiful Wrap, that's why I originally bought it. The R380 snare is recoverable. The rest of the kit is in good shape. I just didn't want to get it because of the very slight damage to the BD. I would look at the kit If your local, and or ask about the damage. I decided to invest the $ into buying more snares. . . . Can't have too many snares !

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 6 years ago

CTMichaelV, thanks so much for the info. Yeah, this seems like the same kit. I do have to say the people at GC in Orange were very upfront with me about the damage - they even took pictures of it and sent it to me. It's such a shame the previous store didn't take care to protect it. It should be at my store soon. You have three days return on vintage gear so I'm going to take it home, tune it up and see what it sounds like. I used to play with the front BD head off all the time in the 80s, but if I like it and keep it I will get a hoop. That's where my original question comes into play - how am I ever going to find the right T-rods for those lugs? I hear they may not be either Rogers or Yamaha era, but specific to the R series itself. But there's so little info on these kits. I guess there's gotta be a limited amount of thread types and sizes, so I'm sure I'd find something, but if you have any ideas or sources for T-rods, let me know.

I'll post when I have more info. Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it!

Mike

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here