Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Rogers "transition" Kit?

This week-end I was discussing a kit with a gentleman who claimed that it was a Rogers "transitional" kit, built in Fullerton, California. The kit wasn't actually set up, so I'm not exactly sure what it consisted of, but I did notice that it came with a 24 inch bass drum and 18 inch floor tom. It was a great looking kit in a light wood finish ( no wrap on it). I believe that it also had MemriLoc hardware on the bass drum shell.

I've never heard of nor seen a so-called Rogers "transitional" kit. Anyone out there have any information on this one? The gentleman is kicking around the idea of selling the kit but hasn't yet made up his mind. Would this kit have any value to a collector?

ANY information would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Posted on 15 years ago

Usually a transition kit is a kit between era's. Or between ownership changes. Or when a company moved to a new location and changed how they made drums.

So they would use some old parts on the newer models creating a "Transition" kit.

Ludwig was the best at this, since they have lots of transition points.

David

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here