Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Rogers "mystery" drums

Hello Folks,

I'm a newbie on this forum but I've been drumming most of my life (old guy) Has anyone every seen a Rogers kit like this one? 9 or 10 ply shells, no labels inside any of the shells which makes me wonder..., speckled gray paint inside all the shells. Script logo. Key lugs on the 22" bass drum. Solid wood hoops. I've never seen a Rogers like this.

I'm guessing 70's judging by the floating tom mount, but I'd be interested to know more about these - I just got them and love 'em... like to know more about them. Don't let the snare throw you - It's a Slingerland. Yes I'm a leftie who plays feet like a rightie... long boring story but it works for me ; )

Thanx for any input,

Dirishfluter

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]My guess is a custom-built kit which someone used Rogers hardware and badges on. Rogers, to my knowledge, never used that sort of paint, the spurs, and the tom mount are certainly not any vintage of Rogers.

I suppose it could possibly be an Rogers XP8 shell set which someone rewrapped and decided to go with script badges instead of Big R badges....and then they painted the interior of the shells....but that's quite a reach....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Do these drums have reinforcement rings inside?This granitone interior paint is exactly the same as my 73 swivos-AND(though I expect to be soundly thrashed at this admission)I also installed Export spurs on my set.The swivo spur mounts were destroyed,and I was working 50 weekends a year at the time.I needed spurs that worked.My set also has resonant mounts,but I left the holes for the swivo collets.Very similar situation to this one.Updated where completely necissary.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here