Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Rogers "clockface" Strainer

I was looking through Rob Cook's Publication, "The Rogers Book" - Second Edition, in the section identifying the various strainers used throughout the years.

When describing the Rogers "clockface" strainer (Swiv-O-Matic Perma-Tension Snare Strainer), it states that around 1967 the "clockface" was elongated. It also states that the letter D stamped just below the knob at the top would identify the strainer as a Dyna-Sonic strainer.

QUESTION: Did the Rogers Drum Company use any of these strainers with the stamped D on its Fullerton Powertone snare drums? I ask since I recently viewed a Powertone that was being offered with the Fullerton Tag on the interior of the shell and the stamped "D" on the clockface strainer. Would this have been a replacement strainer (I imagine that they'd be interchangeable), installed by the current owner or could it have come from the factory in that configuration?

As usual, THANKS in advance for your input!

Posted on 16 years ago

D for the Dynasonic. It was probably a replacement. But ..........who really knows?

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

The Fullerton era ones don't have the "D".

At least mine didn't. I got it new in '72 and never changed the throw-off.

Posted on 16 years ago

Rich K.:

Are you aware of any Powertones being issued with the engraved "D" in the upper portion of the strainer?

There's obviously a disconnect here.

Posted on 16 years ago

Even a Fullerton tagged Dynasonic should not have the D. Chances are that was replaced by an earlier Datyton era Dynasonic throwoff. In the overall scheme of things, it makes no difference.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here