Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Rogers possible restoration project

Hey guys..

Came across this Rogers drumkit on my local classifieds and was wondering a few things regarding anyone's personal experience restoring vintage Rogers drums.. Judging from the pics, looks to me like some idiot may have spray painted over the original chrome, and over the original wrap..

Or it may be that the drums are rewrapped with that awful sparkle and underneath may be lying a treasured wrap finish..

Seeing as how the drums have the script logo and has the beavertail lugs, i'm guessing they are late 60's or early 70's.

(pls forgive my ignorance and any errors i may have done in regards to describing the pieces, as i'm not too familiar with vintage Rogers)..

I personally think this guy's asking too much for the drums because it may require a lot of restoration, but if the paint job is easy to remove, then i'll make him an offer of $300.. I emailed him and asked if the drums were rewrapped and that if he can tell me what the original wrap was,and if the hardware was just spray painted or if it was powdercoated.. If the hardware is in fact powdercoated, then i'm definitely not going to attempt to restore these drums..

Was just wondering if anyone can tell just by looking at the pics.. Also, can anyone tell me if that tom is a power tom or if it's a standard x8 or x9 ?

Any and all thoughts will be appreciated !

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=1022460186&image=0&enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Cheers,

Rob

Posted on 10 years ago

Hard to say, but if the metal hoops are painted, I would expect to see nicks. Seems as if the treatment may have been more durable than paint. You sure you want to dive into that one. It would be a true labor of love.

Posted on 10 years ago

yeah, i decided not to go into it.. thanks for your insight !

cheers.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here