Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Rogers plates/mounting screw questions..

OK..the recent Rogers thread from David from OZ has got me digging thru my stuff to see who can help me...

Since they only offered 60-75-90 degree angle Swiv-O mounting plates...should be pretty easy for someone to help...

But...I have been having a problem with these...and maybe some Rogers experts can shed some light...thank you in advance!

First off...on a small minority of the mounting screws I have....some of the screws have smaller heads...what vintage are those...and why are they used?..Please see pic..

Also,some of the screws are longer...same question...what vintage/why?

Most I have are same length....

Some of the mounting plates have a piece protruding out the back...some do not...does that tell me the angle,or are those only used on BD spurs etc?

I have 30 of these buggers... and 4 for the toms themselves..and want to sort them/sell them ....but is a royal pain when you don't know which is which!Soap Box:confused:

The 10 plates I have shown are my nicest ones...

Thanks again!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 10 years ago

From what I have seen, the shorter bolts were used earlier, the longer bolts came in later, 68-9 or so.

The carriage bolts with the smaller heads seem to have been mixed in later on.

As far as the plates, any plate with the center bolt holes closer together is an early plate, 1960(+/-) or earlier.

I can't say for sure about the other plates, but I think plates with the shorter stub in the back came earlier rather than later. As far as the height of the threaded post, I think the shorter posts were used on toms, while the extended threaded posts were used on spurs.

What I try to do when reassembling a kit that was missing many parts is try to be consistent with what is used across the kit, follwing the guidelines above.

Posted on 10 years ago

Well,there we go...

thanks Dan!

Posted on 10 years ago

OK..since I am trying to sell these plates....is anyone seeing a average price on them out there? > Without collet noses.....?

The 10 shown are in very good to excellent shape!.....Probably more are Ex then V.Good!

Posted on 10 years ago

Anywhere from $35 to $55 with a collet and bolts is what I've seen. Don't see them separated too often. $15 to $25 without maybe?

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks Dan,

that's the ballpark I am in also....

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here