Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Rogers Lugs

im attempting to restore an early rogers snare.

this snare includes the early "Smooth Lugs"

im not having any luck finding much....

The ones i have found are cracked just as bad as the ones ON the snare.

I really hate to switch to bread and butter or beavertail because the smooth lugs is what this drum came with. there are only 2 lugs remaining On the drum that havent cracked all the way off..

am i up S*** Creek or what.

a friend suggested putting NEW tub lugs on it for durability but that would take the snare to far left field..

Are bread n butter lugs known to crack as bad as the first style? what would be a good recommendation.

thanks

1977 Ludwig Vistalite 12-13-16-22
1976 ludwig acrolite
1957 Rogers Holiday BMP snare
Posted on 11 years ago

here is a pic

1 attachments
1976 ludwig acrolite
Posted on 11 years ago

Bob you can still find the smooth BnB's. However they are normally cracked when you find them and are very brittle besides! You can easily crack them just taking the springs and inserts out to clean them if not done right. That said there's a pretty good fix for cracked BnB lugs. Guy on the Rogers forum came up with a pretty nice fix using JB weld to reinforce them. His are going on 5+ years under constant tension so it seems like a pretty solid fix. It's even good to use on uncracked lugs to prevent them from cracking.

Have a look.........

http://brogersownersforum.runboard.com/t2642

I am going to do this or something like it. I've been looking at a thin kevlar fabric and resin fix also. That's the winter project. :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

thats a great website. i am not familiar with it!

i am now a member and my journey continues!

1976 ludwig acrolite
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here