Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Rogers Lug Insert Question..??

So half the lugs on this ol'Tower kit I'm working on have inserts that are square on the end and half have inserts that rounded with a squared off bottom... I included a (crappy) picture but you can see the difference. The springs are a little different to.

Just curious if anyone knows the tale of these two different insert styles and what might have transpired to have them both end up on one drum?

Thanks for looking.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

My guess would be a new shipment in the ole parts dept on the days the shell was put together.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]yeah, I can't help you...but that's VERY interesting....I have never seen the rounded inserts before (granted I have never renovated a Tower before, either...so I have never opened up on of those kinda lugs).

The Ploughman might know...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

That one is beyond me.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm kind of curious if this might help me date the kit; if it was a hardware transistion??

I'll drop it out on the Rogers owners board and see if I get any clues... I joined but never posted on that board so I guess this might be a decent one to toss out there.

Thanks again for looking.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here