Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Rogers Jazz Kit

This is a 1968 Rogers Citadel in jet black and 14x18, 8x12, 14x14 and 5x14 sizes. The Dynasonic is original. The set has new wrap by Precision Drum Company. The original wrap was badly cracked and falling off the drums. Could not be saved. Now saved as a beautiful set.

Rogers decal for bass head courtesy of idrum4fun. Thanks Mark!

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Dan that dyna is so sweet !!! Great kit !!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 6 years ago

Nice Save!

Great shot.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 6 years ago

Dan!

Wow, what a beauty! And a matching Dynasonic. How cool is that!

As to the decal, I didn't even remember that I had it, as it is the exact same size as my extra vinyl logo and was right behind it in a protective envelope. Glad it found a new home on your kit...and hope it stays "clear" for years to come!

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Wow, it doesn't get any classier than that. What a beauty!

Posted on 6 years ago

Very nice!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 6 years ago

As an aside, the guys at Precision really nailed the wrap work. Very factory-like application. Of course, the material is identical to what would have been used when the kit was originally built so it matches the original Dynasonic perfectly. It just so happens the Dynasonic is a real survivor and the wrap is in excellent condition. It looks new.

New wrap on the others is down real tight, seams are really tight too, overlap is beveled up at the bearing edge. No damage whatsoever to the insides or edges. Great job on their part.

Posted on 6 years ago

From Dan Boucher

As an aside, the guys at Precision really nailed the wrap work. Very factory-like application. Of course, the material is identical to what would have been used when the kit was originally built so it matches the original Dynasonic perfectly. It just so happens the Dynasonic is a real survivor and the wrap is in excellent condition. It looks new. New wrap on the others is down real tight, seams are really tight too, overlap is beveled up at the bearing edge. No damage whatsoever to the insides or edges. Great job on their part.

I've used Precision for decades now! They take pride in their work and seem to really understand vintage drums.

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Congratulations on bringing a very special kit back to life. Excellent match to the original jet black pearl. I know it plays as good as it looks! Enjoy.

Posted on 6 years ago

Dan!

BEAUTIFUL!!! Those look as GREAT as they sound! The matching Dynasonic just sweetens them even more ... ENJOY!!!

Tommyp

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here