Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Rogers Holiday vs Powertone

What is the difference between the two drums put out by Rogers. It seems to me that Holiday used a "Single Lug" design on base and toms, and Powertone used separate lugs--however I now see that is not the case. Also, I thought "Powertone" was the Fullerton era, and "Holiday" was the Dayton Era--now I don't believe that's the case either. If anyone can clear this up for me, it would be great Help

Posted on 17 years ago

In regards to snare drums. The designation HOLIDAY ceased in 1963 with the introduction of Beavertail Lugs. Yes, you will find some POWERTONE snares with factory bread and butter lugs. Not many, but there are some examples out there. Primary difference between the two will be found in that Holiday snare drums had a wider, flatter snare bed. Powertone beds are much shallower, and narrower.

Drums were referred to as HOLIDAY up to the introduction of the POWERTONE name after production was moved to Fullerton California in the late 60s, early 70s.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here