Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Rogers for Camco

This Rogers kit is a "player" and I'd be happy to trade for a similar condition Camco. I'm not opposed to re-wrapped or re-finished drums. I'm primarily interested in Oaklawn's but would also consider L.A.'s. Also not opposed to a well pieced together set of orphans, which is what these Rogers are.

I'm a newer member here, but have been a member at DFO for two years. I go by the same username on DFO and eBay.

Here's a picture gallery of my drums. Below is a description. If anyone is interested or has questions please send me a PM or you can email me directly at [email]red66charger@gmail.com[/email].

Thanks for taking a look and considering a negotiable swap.

Rogers Wine Red Ripple three-piece 22/13/16. These shells were orphans that have been pieced together, however the serial numbers for the bass drum and floor tom are very close. Based on the tags these shells date to 1967. Dayton tags and original flat gray interiors on all three shells. The hardware is good to excellent (see below for more). All new heads with the exception of the bass drum resonant head. These drums have had all hardware removed, cleaned and polished (except badges and grommets) and the shells have all had a nice bath and Novus treatment. I did soak and polish the mounting hardware for the lugs so I apologize to those of you who like your hardware “chalky”. There is a noticeable difference in fade and vibrancy of the wrap on all three drums. The 13” tom does have some scratches and blemishes. There are some incorrect tension rods and washers on the 13 and 16.

Bass Drum

This is probably the nicest drum of the three. The wrap is pretty much perfect. The hardware on this bass drum is in the Citadel configuration (only a tom mount and bass drum spurs) and is very nice. Claws and tension rods are nice and shiny with no issues. Very, very mild pitting on lugs. There is typical separation at the seem of the re-rings (all three Rogers bass drums I’ve been “inside” had this). One hoop might not be a Rogers and the inlay is not attached to either hoop. You will notice in the photos I have masking tape holding the inlay in place. I was going to fill and paint the hoops, then glue the inlay but was told a lot of buyers prefer to have hoops in original condition. I figure I’ll let the next owner decide what to do with the hoops and glue his or her own inlay. About the inlay, there is one long section of inlay that appears to be original to the bass drum. You will see that piece of inlay on the top and sides of the reso hoop. The bottom of that hoop and the entire batter hoop has inlay made from donor wrap material. Some of the donor wrap is darker than the original inlay and drum wrap. I do have quite of bit of extra donor wrap inlay I will include. There may be better matching pieces in the lot than what is pictured. Some of the extra inlay material is damaged. There is a brand new Remo Clear PS3 batter side head and a ported Remo Fiberskyn reso head.

13” Tom

This drum does have cosmetic issues to the wrap. I tried my best to get photos of each blemish. There is one horizontal mark that might be the beginning of a split. The wrap on this drum is darker or “redder” than the bass drum and floor tom. I don’t know if this means it has less fade or if there were variations in batches of wrap material. Hardware is great. This drum definitely has incorrect rods and washers. Edges are nice. Brand new Remo Coated Ambassador batter and Clear Ambassador reso heads.

16” Floor Tom

I recently picked this drum up to complete the kit. The tag number on this drum is very close to the tag number of the bass drum. The wrap matches the bass drum better than the 13” tom, however, this drum might have been exposed to smoke as it does have some yellowing. There are no scratches or damage to the wrap. There is a small spot of damage to the batter side bearing edge. It looks like the drum might have been dropped or had something dropped on it. There is no surrounding damage, just the small spot on the bearing edge. I considered filling this, but to my ears there is no effect on the sound of the drum. I did take photos of this damage. The hardware is very nice. The bottom hoop has a section of rust bubbling and some light surface rust but nothing too bad. I wanted to try something different with this drum so I put a brand new Remo Coated Pinstripe on the batter and a clear Remo Ambassador on the reso. The drum sounds awesome with high or low tuning. I believe there may be a mixture of correct and incorrect tension rods and washers.

Hardware

Bass drum legs and floor tom legs are extremely nice. I put replacement rubber feet on all of them. The Swiv-O-Matic tom arm does have some missing chrome and rusty looking spots, but the rust is not flaking or powdery. The set screws in the tom arm are replacements.

Let me know if you have any questions. While this is a “player’s” grade kit, the early Dayton Holiday shells with a 22” bass drum make’s it a very fun kit to play. No problem with the band hearing you with these!

Dan

Dan
(red66charger)

Looking for:
- L.A. Camco 12" Stradivarius Tom Tom
Posted on 10 years ago

Just re-cut your bearing edges! The Oaklawn era bearing edges were an inside 60 degree with a round over at the outer edge of the shell. The outer two plys contact the drum head.

Clapping Happy2

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 10 years ago

From orangemi

Just re-cut your bearing edges! The Oaklawn era bearing edges were an inside 60 degree with a round over at the outer edge of the shell. The outer two plys contact the drum head. Clapping Happy2

Ah, but they're Jaspers :P

Actually, I've found my Camcos so I'll be looking to sell these Rogers. No longer looking for a trade.

Dan
(red66charger)

Looking for:
Posted on 10 years ago

Let's see those Camcos!

Posted on 10 years ago

Yes, Camcos to the front of the line!

Posted on 10 years ago

From red66charger

Ah, but they're Jaspers :P

So you believe Jasper "myth" too?

;)

Posted on 10 years ago

From orangemi

So you believe Jasper "myth" too?;)

Honestly, I wouldn't know. These will be my first Jaspers. Just looking forward to comparing.

Dan
(red66charger)

Looking for:
Posted on 10 years ago

From orangemi

Just re-cut your bearing edges! The Oaklawn era bearing edges were an inside 60 degree with a round over at the outer edge of the shell. The outer two plys contact the drum head. Clapping Happy2

I forgot to say...I know you were just kidding, but...no way I'm cutting the edges on these awesome Rogers shells!

Dan
(red66charger)

Looking for:
Posted on 10 years ago

From red66charger

Just looking forward to comparing.

My comments were based on my SBS comparing as I've owned both. I honestly believe the Keller shelled Rogers with the same bearing edges as the Camco would get you to the same place sonically. Here's another to contemplate: My 1982 TAMA Superstars have a very similar bearing edge to the Camcos. Even though they are birch and a much thicker shell, I am able to get a "Camco like" sound from them.

The Band

Posted on 10 years ago

From orangemi

My comments were based on my SBS comparing as I've owned both. I honestly believe the Keller shelled Rogers with the same bearing edges as the Camco would get you to the same place sonically. Here's another to contemplate: My 1982 TAMA Superstars have a very similar bearing edge to the Camcos. Even though they are birch and a much thicker shell, I am able to get a "Camco like" sound from them.The Band

It's all in good fun, I enjoy the information and comparisons above as I'm still learning.

For me...wanting to move this particular set of Rogers and pick up a set of Camcos...is basically a bucket list move. I've already got a set of Cleveland Holidays in WRR 20/12/14 that I prefer the sizes over these 22/13/16. The Camcos I'm getting are most likely well known to most of you and have been around a bit. They are in "my" sizes. Not perfect or 100% in tact, but good enough for my needs and my first Jasper kit. Just something I'd rather have than two WRR Holidays.

I ended up trading a different kit in my collection so I may end up keeping these WRR after all. Or open to other trades :).

Dan
(red66charger)

Looking for:
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here