Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Rogers Floor Tom

I'm considering purchasing a Rogers Floor Tom (16 x 16) that's in really nice condition. However, I'm wondering what a "reasonable" price would be for this particular drum. I believe the finish is called either "New Blonde" or "Block", which I believe would take it around 1973. It's got the beavertail lugs and what appear to be the original Rogers leg mounts and legs. I'm hoping that the Webmaster will be kind enough to post a picture of the drum shortly.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!Keep on Pl

Posted on 17 years ago

New blonde is a solid maple finish produced from about 1969-72 or so. Butcher block is looks exactly like it sounds......... like a butcher block counter top finish. You should be able to find drums in these finishes between 100 and 150.00 on ebay. Although due to the current trend of raping drums and selling each part, or lot of parts seperately, that is getting harder to do. Rims, approx 50-75.00, lugs, 50-75.oo, Mounts and legs 75-100.00, and 50-75.00 for a stripped down shell. If there are very nice stock heads involved, figure another 30.00. That makes almost 350.00 for a stripped out drum or 150 as a high price for a drum in that finish.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 17 years ago

THANKS for all the information, Ploughman!

If I'm hearing you correctly then, the sum of the total of the parts is actually worth more than the end item itself.

A little strange how these things work

THANKS AGAIN for your time.Keep on Pl

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

Image is up

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Ive never seen New Blonde in person. So I dunno if this is a new blonde floor tom, or if its a natural lacquer drum thats either original or ...... refinished. If it were refinished, Im sure there would be some evidence of the wrap removal somewhere, especially at the vent grommet. I know that koa, new mahogony, and butcher block were formica type wraps.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here