Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Rogers experts: rack mount repair advice?

I just bought a beautiful late-60's Rogers kit that's in great shape. There's one mechanical issue: on the bass drum, there's the oval shaped plate that is the base of the rack tom mount. There is a threaded, slotted collet inserted in that plate. Normally I think it is welded to the oval plate, but in this case the collet is loose, but it's not possible to pull it completely out of the plate.

Do you recommend that I take it to a welding shop for careful repair? Or should I try some epoxy on the underside? Or have I got it wrong that it's supposed to be welded? The rack tom itself has the same setup and the collet seems to be fixed (probably welded) in place.

Here's an picture of the works:

http://www.therogersdrumexperts.com/images/rogers3.JPG

So in the plate and collet in the lower left corner, the two parts have come loose from each other.

If you'd like I'll post pictures of the problem, or even pix of the whole kit if you really want to see it :-)

Thanks for your help!

Steve

Posted on 15 years ago

Cheaper to buy anotrher plate on ebay. Welding will burn the chrome. Just check to make sure the plate if from the correct era. The Cleveland era had slightly different spacing on the mounting holes than later Fullerton shells.

I have a used but good shape plate. Do you need a straight or angle plate? Will send it for shipping cost fro Seattle.

Drop me an email if interested.

[email]gnmiller@hotmail.com[/email]

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here