Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Rogers Dynasonic Snare for Sale - Red Sparkle

For personal reasons I am motivated to sell this beautiful drum. I am officially revising this previous post and lowering my asking price to $3500 plus shipping. I hate to sell this drum. It is a red sparkle Fullerton era 5/14 Dynasonic that is as close to perfect as i have ever seen. It is all original (excluding the heads). I bought the drum from a reputable dealer about 8 years ago and have strored it in a hard case with foam. I am not a dealer, however I am sure that this drum may be as near mint as possible. i would be happy to answer any questions for serious buyers only.

I am asking $5,500.00.

Please email me at [email]coreycr@gmail.com[/email] if interested. i can also email a high resolution photo.

Posted on 17 years ago

Good luck on that.

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago

coreycroberts!

I own/play FOUR Rogers Dynasonics. Two of them are in WMP and as near MINT as you could possibly get. One is a '66, and the other is a '67. Both of them are Cleveland, OH manufacture and in the Buddy Rich color/wrap. I would say that mine would bring, realistically, $2500.00 to $3000.00 apiece, and these are SUPER CLEAN! The reason I'm mentioning this is,

$5500.00 for a Fullerton, CA wood Red Sparkle Dynasonic is an awfully optimistic asking price! IF the drum were WMP and MINT, you "might" have a chance at that price, but it would have been at least four years ago, ( when the wood Dynasonic craze was in full swing ) and, it would have to be someone that NEEDED that exact drum at the EXACT time you were offering it. I don't think it will happen with a Fullerton Red Sparkle today, regardless of how nice it is. But hey!,

Stranger things have happened! I wish you the best! :-)

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi TommyP......Sounds familiar eh?....I have a 5" 1957 WMP Radio King in original condition but without the gleam and shine of a new drum.It also has that awful clam shell throw.So are Dynas STILL getting over 2500 for a sparkle while i,d be lucky to get 700 for my RK?......wHATS WITH THESE DYNASONICS????

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

Hey Wayne!

If by "sounds familiar" you mean MY 1966 Rogers BR Headliners, and what I was asking for them, I have to tell you that I GOT my price on that kit!... BECAUSE ... they are that nice, and in the proper year/wrap/condition. But you know what? I didn't sell them. When it came time to complete the deal, I backed out... I just couldn't do it. The buyer, while disappointed, understood completely, with the "call me first" should I want to sell them comment. Remember,

That was for a complete kit, and my asking price ( which I got! ) was the same as what "coreycroberts" is asking for ONE DRUM! That's why I posted my thoughts/opinion on his Fullerton Dynasonic! Anyway, to answer your query on sparkle Dynasonic prices:

NO... I don't believe that a sparkle wrap, in the standard Dynasonic 5X14 size, will bring more than $1800.00 to $2000.00, max. And the thing with the WOOD Dynasonic's is:

Rogers just didn't build that many! They are, relatively, rare. It was their top of the line wood snare drum... nicely finished on the inside with clear lacquer, no paper tag, but an exclusive exterior badge, and Buddy played one! And so did many others after him. The most sought after wrap, which will ALWAYS bring the best price, is without a doubt, WMP.

The Slingerland Radio King, certainly deserving of it's place in the snare drum Hall of Fame!, was in a word, ubiquitous! Slingerland built quite a few of them, thus there are a LOT of them around... certainly many more than the Rogers wood Dynasonics.

Sounds like some nice drums you have there Wayne! Course, with the dreaded "ClamShell" though. :-) I personally think you could get a bit more for them than $1200.00 or so... again ... WHO is looking... and WHEN!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

I normally do not second what has already been said, but I have to agree on the price for that drum and it being high.

It would be nice to get that price, but I have never seen one sell for that price. Strike that, I have seen one sell for even more, but it was WMP and had a connection to a certian well known drummer and of a different era.

In regards to complete sets, I have seen some Camcos go for way more then they were worth on the market, but if a buyer wants them and has the extra money then price is not the issue and value is based on the depth of the pocket and not what you or I would pay.

Rare complete sets are in their own class and they are priced based on that.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

TommyP....thx for the info,and yes,i was referring to our 1st. conversationYes Sir So i ask you;Were the Dynas serial numbered [i assume they were] can you guesstimate how many were made? approx.Gladstone only made 50 shells and look what they,re worth nowLaughing H

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here