Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Rogers dynasonic snare and Zildjian cymbals

Hi, I have a 6 1/2 X 14 Rogers Dynasonic Snare bought in 1977 second hand. How can I find what year it was manufactured? The serial no. is 51998.

Also I have a Zildjian 22" ride purchased second hand in 1969. There is no mention of "K" , it just says Avedis Zildjian, Genuine Turkish Cymbals made in USA. Can someone please explain what type or model this might be. Should all Zildjian's have a K or A.

I also have a Rogers Swivomatic pedal, again from the 60's.

Are the above items of any value as collectables?

Any information will be appreciated

Rob

Posted on 14 years ago

On the dyna,if it has a big r badge it would be 76 or later,early ones from 60's have script badge and another badge reading custom built.eary throws had clockface ,were rounder than later ones,the bottom rim changed also,something about making room so the rods at the snares were easier to access.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Robert,

The Dyna-Sonic has one of two badges, the oval and the square "Big R" . The oval badge has 3 different designs, all 3 have the words Dynasonic on the badge, as well as the custom built and serial number. The main difference is in the thickness of the letter and fonts. The Big R stamp did not have the words Dyansonic on the badge, and there was various differences to those.

Ooops, forgot that the very early Dynasonics had paper badges on the inside of the shell..

Zildjian cymbals have all kinds of different stamps, K's do have the letter K on them on some stamps, earlier ones, may not. Drumaholic will chime in. Zildjian A's don't have an A on them, I believe most older Zildjian's that don't say K, Constantinople are A's, but I'm guessing. Weight, age and stamp will determine value.

Swivomatic Pedals are good pedals and collectible to the right person.

I'd be interested in your items, if you are selling the PM me.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here