Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Rogers Dynasonic Ser. #28342

Hi there,

I have a COB Rogers Dynasonic 5 x 14 snare. I will try to add pictures tonight, but I am interested in when it was produced (I'm thinking mid 60's) and how much I should list it for sale on E-Bay. It has the Rogers script logo and the Serial # is 28342. It's in good condition, but does have some minor dings & nicks mostly on the rims. The rims also have a little rust although the shell has no rust at all. Everything appears to be original except for the heads which I replaced with new Evans heads. The snare bed is missing two snare wires, one on either side. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sheryl

OK, I've added pics. Sorry they're not great, but then neither is our digital camera. Thanks for any assistance.

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi Sheryl...

This era Rogers COB 5 line Dynasonic is very common... there are a LOT of them out there! Based on the serial number of #28342, this drum falls into the 1970 range of manufacture, which would make the drum a Fullerton, CA item.

The drum is all there with the exception of a few things that you have noted. Actually it isn't the "snare bed" that is missing a couple wires, it is the snares themselves which attach to the snare frame, which by the way is intact and correct. So,

Based on the pics plus the description, and because there are a lot of these available, I would say in the $250.00 range on this drum, sometimes MORE, and sometimes LESS, as a lot of the vintage drum market is driven by WHO wants it and WHEN. A near MINT condition drum of this same style/year could bring $350.00 or more as I have sold a few myself in this range. Course the difference was those drums were flawless. Regardless,

It's still a nice drum, and a fine example of Rogers flagship model!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here