Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Rogers Dynasonic parts Big Bang distribution

Looks like a lot of parts are in stock now and can be shipped with no back order wait times.

http://shop.bigbangdist.com/c/brands-n-z_rogers-drums

Going to order bottom hoop and snare cradle today.

I see Ebay has the new Dyna 6.5 in WMP for sale at $799 ,so it looks like the pipe is opening for all you Dyna fans.

https://www.ebay.com/i/401454209870?chn=ps

Posted on 6 years ago

It is worthy. I have already taken one apart.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 6 years ago

Yes I see they have some parts as well... Are those snare wires suitable replacements for a Big R Dynasonic.. I do need a set... Also is Bigbang a trusted supplier (for safe packaging shipping etc to downunder) ?

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 6 years ago

I suppose they are. So are Puresound Dyna-Sonic 1416 and Fat Cat Dyna-Sonic 1416.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks, pgm554!...I've already ordered a snare frame assembly for my incomplete Dyna.

Posted on 6 years ago

Ordered mine yesterday.

Now if I can get the Dyna tuned in when I get the parts to see if it was worth it.

As I've mentioned before ,I have as of yet to play one with the cradle that sounds OK.

Posted on 6 years ago

From pgm554

Ordered mine yesterday.Now if I can get the Dyna tuned in when I get the parts to see if it was worth it.As I've mentioned before ,I have as of yet to play one with the cradle that sounds OK.

I've got one that's complete, and one not. The complete one sounds quite a bit drier than other snares that i have that are similar size, brass, etc. (that have regular snares). I think it might have something to do with the original snare wires, which seem to be a heaver gauge than normal. I don't think i have the snare frame quite as loose as recommended, but i do have the wires fairly tight. The sound i get is not choked at all, and i can still hear the "note" of the shell. I really like it. To my ear it sounds sort of like Buddy Rich's snare on the "Big Swing Face" album, which i'm told was a wood Dynasonic, recorded in 1967.

Posted on 6 years ago

From 8upwithit

I've got one that's complete, and one not. The complete one sounds quite a bit drier than other snares that i have that are similar size, brass, etc. (that have regular snares). I think it might have something to do with the original snare wires, which seem to be a heaver gauge than normal. I don't think i have the snare frame quite as loose as recommended, but i do have the wires fairly tight. The sound i get is not choked at all, and i can still hear the "note" of the shell. I really like it. To my ear it sounds sort of like Buddy Rich's snare on the "Big Swing Face" album, which i'm told was a wood Dynasonic, recorded in 1967.

So MUCH of this is subjective of course .. but .. I have two Rogers wood Dynasonics, a 1967 and a 1968. Neither of them sounds "choked" or overly dry .. but .. as 8upwithit mentioned, wires, heads, tension, even one's personal technique, have a lot to do with it! I will say that my 1967 has an "edge" over the 1968. Not all wood Dynasonics sound the same! Having owned 5 wood Dynasonics over the years, I happened to make that particular discovery. Regardless, absolutely beautiful playing/sounding snare drums .. IF .. they are set up correctly with regard to pre-tensioning the wires within the frame, and how gently said frame is pulled up against the reso/bottom head. I will also add from experience, the PureSound wires are very high quality and well made!, but I found them to be a taste "dark", probably owing to the gauge/weight of the wires themselves. Just personal taste! :)

Tommyp

Posted on 6 years ago

And ref. my last post, TommyP was the one who told me, so it's a reliable source. Thanks, TommyP!

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here