Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Rogers Dynasonic lug swap. Yes or no?

Hey guys.

I have a Rogers Big R 6,5x14 dynasonic with an extra muffler and 2 extra holes, but the Lugs are mint.

I have a Script logo 5x14 dynasonic with ok shell (some scratches) but with very scuffed lugs.

Should I swap them out? They are the same, except for some small ring on the lug inserts of the 6,5 Big R snare. Does that make it a no go?

Also, the hoops are different, the Big R hoops are taller, and the snare side hoop has a different snare gate. I suppose swapping those out is out of the question? They also have different snare bridges.

Thanks!

Posted on 15 years ago

Lug casing are same size. Thinking the Big R are not as heavy a casting. Take one off each and check out the bottom edges. Exterior looks shold be the same.

Don't recommend swapping unless you want to make a players drum out of both of them.

Posted on 15 years ago

Post some pics of the two drums. It would probably serve you better to buy period correct replacement lugs used from ebay for the Oval Badge drum, and leave the Big R drum alone. Lets see the extra holes, please.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Let's put it this way...if you are doing this for yourself because one snare is the one you prefer and you wanna make it look better, switch the lugs. But, if you are doing this with the intent of making one look better to resell...better to leave them both with their factory hardware....their value will remain more intact.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah, I decided to leave them the way they are. The script shell isn't mint too, and the lugs arent 100% identical, so I'll leave them alone...

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here