Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Rogers Drums

I found a Rogers kit that was distributed by H&H music back in the nineties, it has the beaver tail lugs and the script badge logo on all drums. The kit has Yamaha tom mounts and the kick has a Yamaha tom holder with modern legs. They are a cherry laquer finish, with an 8x10,9x12,14x14,16x20.

They look like maple shells, but I'm not positive, does anyone know what type of wood they used? Thanks.

Posted on 12 years ago

The 90.s?...Doubt it will be maple,but who knows.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

If you could do pics, I would appreciate it. I believe this might be a Brook Mays Rogers kit. The shells are Maple. I believe they were sourced from Asia. The beavertails issued by Brook Mays were the beginning of their move towards a full resurrection of Rogers Drums. I have never seen a set in person, but would be interested in obtaining one someday. Price would depend on condition mostly, because they still are not the vintage Rogers that are so desired. From what I know of these drums, if indeed this is a Brook Mays kit, they were quality produced instruments. They definitely are far in advance of ANYTHING Yamaha has produced so far under the Rogers brand. Shortly after the reintroduction of the Beavertail Lug, and the Maple Shell........... Brook Mays hit the wall.

Date would have been in the early 2000's. If these drums have a more square Big R Badge without USA, then they are Island Music blech.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 12 years ago

Yes, I think you're right about them being the Brook Mays Rogers, like I said they have the beaver tail lugs and the script badge. I'll get some pics tomorrow, thanks.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here