Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Rogers Covington quality control w/ Bob Curtner

Bob Curtner... who was a manager over at Rogers Drums talks about the quality control and attention to detail in Covington.

Many ask about why some think the Fullerton era is inferior to Ohio built drums ... Bob speaks a bit on that here.

I hope you enjoy

Huge thank you to Dave Simms ... the pioneer of Rogers research.

A giant who's shoulders I stand on

https://youtu.be/SEgtMOEcac4

Posted on 1 year ago

Can you imagine what one might face today with QC? Ugh.

I've had a number of sets from each era. I've seen some unbelieveably poor quality drums from every era (Covington, Dayton, Fullerton). I have seen near perfect drums from each too. The main thing I noticed in the Covington/Dayton era was sprung re-rings. In CA, bad bearing edges. I will say, Rogers was probably at least as good as the other US drum manufacturers during the era in which they were an American company.

Posted on 1 year ago

From Dan Boucher

Can you imagine what one might face today with QC? Ugh. I've had a number of sets from each era. I've seen some unbelieveably poor quality drums from every era (Covington, Dayton, Fullerton). I have seen near perfect drums from each too. The main thing I noticed in the Covington/Dayton era was sprung re-rings. In CA, bad bearing edges. I will say, Rogers was probably at least as good as the other US drum manufacturers during the era in which they were an American company.

In fairness unless you owned the drums since they were new popped re rings cannot be put on the quality of build.

You have no idea how or where those drums were stored for decades.

from 64to 68 Rogers was superior to every US manufacturer.

as Bill Ludwig II told my friend Steve Badalament of Innovation Drum Co.

"From 64 to 68 Rogers was kicking our ass as far as overall quality"

Posted on 1 year ago

For sure, the drums of all the manufacturers mentioned have been poorly stored (if in fact that is the reason for sprung rerings) but they don't exhibit the same tendancy toward that issue in my experience.

Posted on 1 year ago

From Dan Boucher

For sure, the drums of all the manufacturers mentioned have been poorly stored (if in fact that is the reason for sprung rerings) but they don't exhibit the same tendancy toward that issue in my experience.

Never seen it in all of my years collecting Covington era drums.

I've owned probably 40 sets and well over 100 snare drums.

I know probably 25 serious collectors of Covington drums personally.

never seen it on any of mine or their drums.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here