Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Rogers Collect Question (Cleveland era)

I have a question about the Rogers Collets pictures. These all came of a Cleveland era Rogers kit.

The one pictutred on the left, seems to be made out on piece, the handle's don't screw out, and it has no writing on the top.

The one in the middle is not shaped like the other two.I t is flat on top and bottom. Also, the handles seem to screw out. I can see the screw holes in the inside (where the threads are). No writing on it.

The one on the left has writing on top(Pat Pend, Made In USA), and the handle's seem to screw out, but I can't so the screw holes on the inside.

I don't know which collects are original. Like I said, they all came from a Cleveland era kit. Please any information would be helpful...Thanks guys!

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Prostix!...

Collet on the left is a Rogers CAST version... collet in the center is WTF??!! LOL! Could be an after-market for Rogers or another brand entirely, but it's not OEM Rogers. Collet on the right is a Rogers MACHINED collet, the nice ones! CAST are okay too, but crack prone. The only one correct for a Cleveland era set is the MACHINED one on the right, but the CAST will certainly work too!

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago

In looking at that center collet again, hmmmm... could be one that tightens the basket of a basket type snare drum stand... possibly. Just a thought!

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here