Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Rogers Butcher Block Finish

Why so many of these for sale on e-bay. It seems like there are 3 or 4 to every other finish out there. Were they that popular in the 70's ?

I personally do not care for the look. It looks like a place to prepare dinner, not get a groove going.

Rgds, John

Posted on 17 years ago

They are very 70s looking. I don't know what else to say, I guess it was a very popular finish.

Posted on 17 years ago

Popular then and really unpopular now - I think people are off-loading them (despite the superior quality of the drums) because they think they're ugly.

Which means all the kids in garage bands with just enough but not that much money will start buying them - which will in turn make butcher block a popular finish again.

And, there, in a nutshell, are the machinations of fashion (drum and otherwise). I remember mid-80s getting so much grief from my band for my blue sparkle kit - it would be a very different story today.

Cheers,

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Popular then and really unpopular now - I think people are off-loading them (despite the superior quality of the drums) because they think they're ugly. Which means all the kids in garage bands with just enough but not that much money will start buying them - which will in turn make butcher block a popular finish again.And, there, in a nutshell, are the machinations of fashion (drum and otherwise). I remember mid-80s getting so much grief from my band for my blue sparkle kit - it would be a very different story today.Cheers,David

makes me think........how much would a good rewrap cost someone ??

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here