Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Rogers Bread and Butter Lugs - Fix or replica

Recently acquired a 1960 (my guess from serial number) Rogers 6 1/2 X 14 red sparkle Holiday snare. Serial number 16958. Few questions. It has several (4) of the bread and butter lugs with cracks in it. Best to try and fix them or by the cast replacement ones to help with value of snare? Besides the cracked lugs in great shape. Thanks

Posted on 9 years ago

Congrats on the Holiday. There is a post on using epoxy to fix these. Can't find it, may be on another board. If you can post a couple of pictures folks here will be able to tell if they can be saved. If you have have trouble with the pictures no problem can be sorted. Best fix would be to find good originals, that may be spendy though.

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 9 years ago

Please post some pictures of that drum! I'm sure a lot of members would love to see it.

Here are a couple methods to repair/strengthen the Bread and Butter lugs:

Binding Post Method

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/103931-i-did-it-bb-bulletproof/?hl=%2Bjoe+%2Bthompson#entry1149902

Propoxy Method

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/65988-repairing-rogers-bb-lugs/

-Tim

Posted on 9 years ago

Here are the photos of the snare drum. 7 of 8 B&B lugs have at least a small stress crack. All look like they can be repaired. Just going to sell drum to get daughter a set of cheaper drums. I know the replicas are pricy but are available. Going to sell as is and new owner can decide to fix or buy replicas. All original parts I believe except for snare, two lug bolts and bottom head. Any idea what this might be worth?

Posted on 9 years ago

There's a fix with JB Weld epoxy and it worked on a few I tried to fix recently, but the problem is when you're trying to get the spring out of the lug, the tabs are so fragile that simply removing springs can pop one off. I was able to repair the clean snaps, but ones where they cracked at an angle (across the screw hole) I couldn't fix. I just didn't have the patience (or handiness) and returned the kit, but it can be done with time, patience and a few spare B&B lugs on hand to replace the ones that become irreparable. Hell of a lot cheaper than the repros too. Good luck.

Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks. I just put it for sale on this forum and will see if there is any interest.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here