Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Rogers Brass Dynasonic - brass finsich?

There is a shop in another city selling a Dynasonic Big R which they say is brass finish and 'rare' - not chrome over brass but brass. Are these rare or any good? I appreciate your time.

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 17 years ago

troutstudio...

The "Big R" lacquered brass Dynasonics are early to mid 80's manufacture, and they aren't really rare at all... I don't think all that many were ever bought as the Rogers swan song was in full swing by then. This period was at the very end of the CBS/Fender ownership of Rogers and in my opinion, ( and a lot of other guys too! ) quality was at it's lowest point. So,

Rare? Nah... just not overly desirable. However!, a lot depends on the asking price... still ... if you are interested in a Dynasonic, it makes a little more sense to put your money towards a model/year that has some value and a lot more quality in the parts/build department. And,

It goes without saying that the preceding comments/opinions are completely subjective. Ultimately, it's your decision, and there is no right or wrong! I just wanted you to know that this particular year/model shouldn't be described as rare. Good luck!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the post - it's much appreciated. I won't go further with it. I am restoring a 'mongrel' Rogers kit to use in my studio. Several of the drums have Powertone tags. I am looking for a snare to complete the set. The thing is that I owned a Rogers kit once with a Dynasonic and I loved the kit but didn't particularly like the snare. So I'm actually looking for a Powertone brass or something else to suit. I wouldn't rule out a Dyna (like wooden one!!!) but my taste in snares is simpler: Black Beauty; 80's Pearl GLX Maple; DW Custom - I own these snares and they are easy to use . . .

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here