Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Rogers Blue Onyx

Start of the cleaning. The bass hoops are not horrible, but should I remove the wrap strip? One of them is pretty worn in a few spots. worn away actually!

Ed

3 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

I just wipe them up good and put masking tape over the strips to paint the hoops. If the masking tape is wide just use a exacto knife and carefully cut along the grooves on each side and remove the outside tape. You inserts should be covered and you can paint the hoops. Put the worst of the missing insert part facing down on the batter side. I might just hit them a lick with some sand paper before I applied the tape. Not on the insert though. You don't really need to take them down to wood. They should look fine.

Posted on 9 years ago

I am curious as to how far you guys go with the pitting (acne).

In the pics of the brackets you can see the minor pitting. In the lugs you can see minor and major pitting. I soaked them in dawn overnight and sprayed them with WD-40 overnight with a day in between, then wiped off good, then used mothers wax on them. You guys that use buffers, do you take all the pitting out?

The better of the 2 brackets I just purchased. The chrome is really good on it. Just some swirls in the bright light.

Ed

4 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here