Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Rogers Blue Onyx wrap

Good Morning,

does anyone have preference of a wrap supplier for matching Rogers Blue Onyx to the original '60s color? I know the new Dynas are wrapped with Delmar product but I'm curious if there is a preferable option.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on 4 years ago

The wrap from Precision matched my '67 kit perfectly.

Posted on 4 years ago

Delmar, from several suppliers, is the only option I am aware of.

Posted on 4 years ago

From 73Rogers

The wrap from Precision matched my '67 kit perfectly.

Precision Drum gets their wrap from Delmar!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

From amosguy

Delmar, from several suppliers, is the only option I am aware of.

What he said!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

From idrum4fun

Precision Drum gets their wrap from Delmar!-Mark

Didn't know that - thanks!

Posted on 4 years ago

Quick note: The pattern, as I've received it on several occasions from Precision, is noticeably different from what I would expect to see on an original 1967 kit. I had both a refinished blue onyx kit and a 1965 original kit here at the house last year and I wouldn't expect a really close match. The new material has a much more horizontal bias, whereas the original has a more vertical bias. That is to say, the parts of blue and black tend to be less high (thinner) vertically on the new material and higher with the original. Also, I think the blue is brighter with the new and not simply because of fade - this is seen even of the material under a fitting.

The same is the case with red and black onyx, both or which I've had on complete kits, the new material having coming from Precision, though I do think the new red onyx is darker than the original. As a completely new wrap over an entire set they are all very nice. As trying to match one drum, less so. I have seen some cases that looked pretty close. I just haven't experienced that myself.

The two attached photos might say more than my verbose notes above.

2 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here