Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Rogers Big R...alive and well at Disneyland!

Hi all!

My girlfriend and I went to Disneyland last Tuesday, November 9. The crowds weren't bad for a change! We took a break and walked over to Downtown Disney for some shopping. I heard a band playing 80's music that I actually liked and we headed over to see the band. Not only were they good, but the drummer was sporting a beautiful 70's "Big R" wrapped in Ebony. Excellent drummer and the Rogers sounded great! During a break, I snapped a picture from behind, showing his Ludwig snare drum! Is that allowed?!! LoLoLoLo

All-in-all, a great performance by this band!

-Mark

4 attachments
84.2 kB
102.1 kB
102.4 kB
129.9 kB
Posted on 2 years ago

Cool pics, Mark!! Did you get a chance to talk to the drummer?

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 2 years ago

From grantro

Cool pics, Mark!! Did you get a chance to talk to the drummer?Cheers

grantro! Unfortunately, I did not talk to the drummer. When he saw me off to the side taking pictures, you can see that he happily obliged by looking my way and smiling! I gave him a big "thumbs up"! My girlfriend and I got a bite to eat very close to the stand. Next thing I noticed was that the band had taken a break, so I walked up to the back of the stage to snap another picture! I don't know where the band members went, otherwise I would have struck up a conversation. It was great to hear live music again...performed on this beautiful Big R kit! That, plus the drummer was having so much fun playing them!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Nice to think of getting to Disney. Sounds like you had a good time overall. And yes, the Ludwig snare is inapproiate. LoLo

One thing I notice is the 22, 8x12, 16 setup is very popular now and even with the new Rogers drum sets. I recall having re-entered the live seen back in the late 80's early 90's and bought a Ludwig Rocker set. Essentially a rehash of the Standards. A mistake because it had the deep mounted toms and it ended up I didn't like them. I ordered an 8x12 and never used the other two. It's a comfortable arrangement size-wise and tonally.

Posted on 2 years ago

From Dan Boucher

Nice to think of getting to Disney. Sounds like you had a good time overall. And yes, the Ludwig snare is inapproiate. LoLoOne thing I notice is the 22, 8x12, 16 setup is very popular now and even with the new Rogers drum sets. I recall having re-entered the live seen back in the late 80's early 90's and bought a Ludwig Rocker set. Essentially a rehash of the Standards. A mistake because it had the deep mounted toms and it ended up I didn't like them. I ordered an 8x12 and never used the other two. It's a comfortable arrangement size-wise and tonally.

Hey Dan!

Yes, we had a great time due to the relatively low crowds! I did notice the 8x12 tom, which had a HUGE sound! All the drums were tuned lower for that 80's sound. No power-toms required!! I certainly do remember the Rockers with power toms!!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here