Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Rogers Big R 4pc - New England White

Finally up for sale! My apologies to VDF member Catherine for taking so long to get these listed!

Offered for sale as a "local pickup". I know I'm really limiting who can purchase this, but I don't have the boxes and resources to pack this up. I'm located in Covina, about 20 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.

The majority of you know how much time and effort went into restoring this late 1975, early 1976, Big R kit. It's a wonderful "rock" kit, consisting of:

14x22/9x13/10x14/16x16 all wrapped in original New England White.

I won't go into all the details here, but will refer any interested buyers back to the original restoration thread here... http://vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=65068

I'm listing 5 sets of 5 pictures each, to show the kit. Enjoy!

$650 gets you a very nice, restored, early Big R kit!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Five more pictures!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Another five pictures!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Five more!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

And the last five!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Wow Mark ! What a great deal and value for the money !

How could anyone looking for a kit go wrong with this ?!

GLWS - Doug

Posted on 4 years ago

From Drum Doug

Wow Mark ! What a great deal and value for the money !How could anyone looking for a kit go wrong with this ?!GLWS - Doug

Hi Doug! I completely agree with you! The real issue is getting them advertised so a perspective, and local, buyer will see them. Having the sale as local only does limit this. I may try DFO, CL and eBay also, all as local pickup. Ebay may be a good option, even though it will mean losing a percentage in fees.

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Mark - Yes local sales limit the market and shipping is a hassle. I've been in downsize mode the last couple of years and selling off some of my gear and decided to stay away from Ebay. For future reference you might consider Reverb - I've been happy using them. I like the fact they take care of seller financing and you can purchase shipping labels and insurance directly from them. I've had about 30 transactions thru them without any problems so I would recommend them but have no local sales thru them - I've been using CL for local sales.

GLWS - Doug

Posted on 4 years ago

From Drum Doug

Mark - Yes local sales limit the market and shipping is a hassle. I've been in downsize mode the last couple of years and selling off some of my gear and decided to stay away from Ebay. For future reference you might consider Reverb - I've been happy using them. I like the fact they take care of seller financing and you can purchase shipping labels and insurance directly from them. I've had about 30 transactions thru them without any problems so I would recommend them but have no local sales thru them - I've been using CL for local sales.GLWS - Doug

Thanks for the insight with Reverb! And, yes, packing up a complete set of drums has become a real chore! I'm also downsizing and have lots of snare drums to list, which are easy to ship. In that respect, I might just consider Reverb!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Mark, your gear is always pristine. Killer kit, someone is going to love it.

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here