Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

rogers bass drum spurs

hey all, just purchased a beautiful bdp three piece rogers drumset that has a swivomatic drum holder and the clamp on bass drum spurs..I contacted the seller with the question I am about to ask but thought I would as you all also..When I clamp on the spurs to the front rim first with the spurs directly below the tension rod on either side the bass drum appear to be about 2 inches off the floor and will sit at an angle even after attaching a drum pedal ( unless the rogers pedals lift them higher? When I attach the spurs directly above the two tension rods the spurs don't even touch the ground ..If I put one above and one below the drum rotates and the bass pedal hits one of the tension rods on the back rim..

these are supposed to be the original spurs that came with the set..there are no swivomatic bass spurs for this bass..

am I missing something not to obvious here..my first inclination is to think the spurs are to long ...???

anybody got any suggestions

1965 slingerland Solo-Pink Champagne
1966-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1974-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1964-Slingerland RadioKing Chrome Snare
Posted on 14 years ago

I have a couple of 40's 26 inch WFL bass drums. One is single tension 8 lug and one is dual tension 10 lug. The clip on spurs from the 8 lug definitely don't work on the 10 lug. Same problem you are describing.

I also have clip on spurs that came with an old 24 inch Gretsch bass drum with 8 lugs that work on the 8 lug 26 but not on the 10 lug 26. It seems that if there are 10 lugs on the bass drum the spurs need to be a little longer (or shorter i guess) in order to work. With 8 lug drums most spurs seem to work because there is such a larger area to clamp on to.

Based on what I have seen my guess your spurs are not original.

Any spur experts out there? I would love to hear an educated answer to this!

-Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi, The spurs you have are to short for your bass drum,If your bass is 20" you would need the short ones.The bigger the bass drum the longer the spurs..You could always find a set of ludwig,leedy,slingerland ones that clip on the rim[the mount] you can adjust the legs only with the mount to work on your bass drum...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

so let me ask this..based on having the right spurs where would they typically clip on..below the tension screws or above..if they normally mount below the tension screws they are to long and I can probably cut them down a bit and either rechrome or just install a rubber tip which I would anyway..if they shoul mount pretty high then I need much longer ..this is a 20" bass drum..

would I be better off installing the swivomatic collets and legs???

1965 slingerland Solo-Pink Champagne
1966-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1974-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1964-Slingerland RadioKing Chrome Snare
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here