Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Rogers Banner model snare 14" x 5"

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yours ? They are good particularly for the shells and the hoops. But because the old-school single-point lugs are thru-lugs, you can only tighten the top and bottom heads to equal tension. For these snares, l usually replace the lugs with Ego-type single-point lugs - the benefit being you don't have to alter the original holes in the shell - you still end up with a drum which looks close to the same - and you can then tension the heads independently & have a good player snare. ln the US these are only worth about $50-70 - but where you are, l'd imagine they are quite hard to come by so worth more.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Yes, mine :)

Thanks for lugs advice, I'm thinking about replacing them, but even this way snare sounds very good, providing the fact the wood is pretty much old and gives reach and warm sound.

And yes, here in Serbia (Europe) this kind of old drums cost more because it is harder to find them...anyway I want to post the picture in gallery section but somehow i can't... I would appreciate help.

Thanks for coments!

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Cool :) ...yes, equal-tension heads used to be the norm a long time ago...still works for a lot of folks so by all means don't go changing the lugs if you are happy with the sound. That is pretty cool that this snare somehow made it all the way over there. Enjoy ![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here