Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Rogers 7 Line Question

Question to all you Rogers experts. I recently picked up a 60's Rogers 7 line brass snare without a snare bridge. Is this still considered a Dyno? It has bread and butter lugs and sounds great. Thanks

Posted on 3 years ago

Yes, it is a dyna, just without a bridge. Good news, re-pops are available for around $75 or so. Last year, I bought a 6 1/2" 7 liner without a bridge. I bought a new bridge and the drum sounds great!!! Much better that my other dynas (5 and 6 1/2" 5 liners and a 5" 7 liner.) My personal belief the new bridge has something to do with the sound. An original bridge from say the 60's has probably been under tension (snares) the whole time. If the Aluminum bridge would get tweaked from this, it would poorly effect the sound of the drum.

Dave

Posted on 3 years ago

You definitely need the rail

$60 for a repro with snare wires is a decent deal.

Posted on 3 years ago

HI,

I was told by a drum shop that these particular shells were made by Gretsch? The drum is probably heaviest one I own, so I'm sure it's brass. It also has the tall boy hoops. Thanks-Pat

Posted on 1 year ago

From rimshot99

HI,I was told by a drum shop that these particular shells were made by Gretsch? The drum is probably heaviest one I own, so I'm sure it's brass. It also has the tall boy hoops. Thanks-Pat

Very early COB Holiday snare drums and the first run of COB Dynasonic snare drums in 1961 were built out on shells sourced from Gretsch.

check out this video to see if this may be the case with yours

https://youtu.be/1pXJpp_OAQk

and the snare mechanism is called a frame not a "rail" as referred to above

Posted on 1 year ago

I wish this site had like buttons, then I wouldn't have to say that this is some cool information.

Posted on 1 year ago

I saw the photos you sent me.

That is a Gretsch shell Holiday model snare drum circa 1961 assembled by Frank Walters in Covington Ohio.

extremely rare drum as there were only about 200 shells sourced from Gretsch.

I'm going to add your drum to my log of Gretsch shells Rogers drums out in the wild.

There are only 36 drums on the list ... yours will be 37.

Pretty amazing piece you have there.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here