Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Rogers 3 piece Should I buy?

I can pick this kit up for $650. Is it a good deal? I'm just getting back into drumming after 11 years off.

Here it is: 22,16,13

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/998109131.html

Posted on 15 years ago

Not a bad price. From the small pictures I can't be sure but the T-rods on the bass drum would indicate Dayton or Fullerton era (67-70's). A couple years ago even common colors from the script era of Rogers were going for over $500.00. I really like that the BD is a 22 inch-er. You usually see the more common 20. I wonder what the deal is with the 13"?? What was it before??

The re-covered 13" tom decreases the value and the color is probably the most common for this era but that doesn't mean the kit won't look dynamite sitting on stage. This is the color of the Rogers kit I am playing today.

Not a bad deal at all if you compare to a new import kit in the 650 dollar range you would buy at Guitar Center. This was a pro kit in it's day and it's MADE IN THE USA!!!!

My two cents...

Isaac

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]No snare and a re-wrapped tom...so probably the tom color is slightly off of the rest of kit.

Dunno the sizes...am assuming bass is a 22.

Looks like all other parts are original. I'd offer he listed t $750, will take $650...it wouldn't be a BAD deal...it would be an OK deal.

But $650 is less than what you'd pay for it in a vintage drum shop...and, I agree with IH... it's certainly better than anything you can get for $650 which is contemporary.

If it were 6 bills, that would leaning towards be a pretty good deal, IMHO. Ask him if he has the swivo cymbal rod ;)

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here