Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Rogers 1958 B & B Restoration

Yes, my ~1958 Rogers Eagle badged kit with early swivo hardware & flat top B&B's has factory black painted interiors.

From FFR428

Didn't the Eagle badge shells have black painted interiors from the factory? Check your PM when you can. Have 2 lugs for you.

John/Levelpebble

Tama Superstar 81 Aqua bop
Rogers Cleveland BDP (x2), Silver bop, Champagne, Black/Gold Duco, WMP, Blue sparkle; Dayton Red Onyx;
Camco Oaklawn 12 14 20 5x14 Tuxedo WMP
LW 59 SC Blue Sparkle, WMP
WFL Gold Sparkle SC, WMP Compacto
Gretsch 49/50 Broadkaster WMP
Fibes Copper Forte
Remo MasterEdge Bop, Gold Crown, Mondo
Slingerland Conway Black Satin
70's MIJ Del Ray, my first and fav ok I'm lying here
Way Too Many Snares, She Says
Posted on 6 years ago

They were black from the factory? Hmmm. The 13” and the bass have black, while the 12” and the 16” have gray. Perhaps the bass was repainted black, cuz there’s a big, ugly paint sag and run in there.

Either way, I’m leaving them their current interior colors. Gonna put together the bass drum today!! Big Day!

Posted on 6 years ago

My Eagle badge set is grey interiors.

Wayne

Posted on 6 years ago

After a couple of months, and a couple hundred dollars, my lug-filled, hole-patched, rewrapped 1958 Rogers Eagle-Badged, Bread & Butter lug drum set is essentially done! I still have to get new bass drum heads, and I have on order a bass-drum mounted cymbal holder and knobby mount. In my view, the ride cymbal BELONGS on the bass drum of these old setups. Eventually, and there is no rush on this, I hope to outfit the set with era-correct snare, pedal, and hardware. But I will be patient until I find all of these items at bargain-basement prices.

The Jammin Sam wraps went on easily enough. I had to trim a little off of each edge, though. He suggests a method wherein you use sandpaper with a sanding block to do this. I used my table saw with the blade just barely above the table - it worked perfectly. The heads fit just fine, and I think the much-maligned blue sparkle has the look I was after.

Thanks for supporting me through this whole thing. I never had a "community" offer tips, advice and support before. It was very satisfying knowing you had my best interest in mind. Thank you very much.

Josh

3 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

That’s gorgeous, Josh. I can’t speak to restoration accuracy, etc, but as a lover of fine drummage, I’m grinning. Nice work!

Posted on 6 years ago

Super nice job Josh! Blue sparkle looks fantastic. Nice choice. My bass never had a cymbal mount. Looking at the old catalogs with B&B lugs it's the "Playboy" setup. Enjoy!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 6 years ago

I just received my copy of “The Rogers Book.” My set was “The Super Constellation.” It shows all of the mounting holes I found on my bass drum: two Swivo tom mounts (miles apart on each side of the drum), and a Swivo cymbal holder in the center, but offset to toward the reso bass head. The set came with Camco pedals, and I got one with the purchase.

And I know that most people call it a drum “kit.” Back in the day of traditional grip, cross-stick hi-hat use and acoustic-only drums, that’s what we called them. I’m firmly stuck in the past. Drum set!

Posted on 6 years ago

Cool great job

Posted on 6 years ago

My project is finished! Well, I still want to get a proper snare for it, Rogers pedal and hi-hat, cymbal stands...you know how it goes. But I have plain white heads on the BD now, and the ride cymbal mount (a re-pop from Maxwell Drums) is installed and looks great.

Thanks again for all of the encouragement along the way. A special shout out to Glenn (FFR428) who sent me a few B & B lugs when he heard I broke one in two. He wouldn't even let me pay postage to mail them to me across the country!! Plus, he wrapped them so securely and thoroughly, Tiffany & Co. would blush.

The drums sound GREAT! Exactly the way I hoped they would. The toms sing, and the bass drum sounds just like the bass drum on Bobby Darin's "Beyond the Sea." A quick 'boom.' Nice!

Everyone have a great Christmas and may your new year be filled with good fortune.

Josh

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Your very welcome Josh. Happy to help out. Drums look fantastic! I really really like the blue sparkle! Classic.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here