Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

RK Ducos, Time capsule.

So asked a friend if he finds any Slingerlands let me know. He did and here is a very clean original kit. Today was a good day. Any luck the back story

and some early pics are attached. I can't find words to describe how cool this kit is. History:

The lady I met was 90 years old or a little more (can't quite remember). She lived over the other side of Sherman Pass near the Canadian border. I visited with her for about an hour.

It seems they had lived in the Montana-North Dakota area for many years.

Her husband had a couple brothers and a cousin or 2 who played music with him back in the

day. Probably a typical music situation where players (mainly family), rotated in and out with the changing

seasons of life. That's the sense that was conveyed as I listened.

They were farm folks, as most were in those days. No doubt her husband enjoyed playing music, but it was about

more than that. It was a hard life, farming, and she said that if a fella was a musician, it could help pay the bills.

And so it was, that with a set of farming tools and a set of Radio Kings they made there way.

Those cases hadn't been opened in around 30 years. That was when the farmer laid his sticks down for the

last time, for whatever reason.

Some before pics.

Creighton

4 attachments
Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 8 years ago

Beautiful. That's my favourite of the duco finishes. What are the sizes? Extras with the kit?

Posted on 8 years ago

That is awesome! And when a guy can tell us a story behind his findings it makes for even a better thread, love that bit of history. And it looks as though all the bells and whistles are present. And you will have that kit looking new, your one of the best detail guys on the forum. You have always seem like such a nice humble man, I am very happy for you buddy!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

Excellent Creighton! Such a cool kit congrats! Great history and story too. I agree with Jeff 100%.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

Congrats on a great find. Are the cymbals zildjian, zilco ? Can you imagine the money he spent on this pro quality kit!? A farmers money was earned the real way !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 8 years ago

Beautiful kit! Beautiful back story!

Posted on 8 years ago

Oh my God! What a find!

A good day for sure, and a great story to go with them.

Congrats!

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before your find a real princess like those!Excited

Drum Kits
1965 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Blue
1966 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Black
1969 Ludwig BB Blue Oyster Keystone Clubdate
1971 Ludwig BB Black Oyster
Early 60's Camco Oaklawns Champagne Sparkle
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Snare is 14"x7.5", toms 13x9 and 14x12 bass is 26x14. Hi hats 13" Zildjian Trans Stamp, 9" Zildjian Trans Stamp.

The guy I bought them from gave me a cool 13" F&F Zanchi, (Zilco). and period correct throne.

The snare is going to be hard on my spare first gen superlug stash. So I'll post some pics and get back to having fun :-).

Creighton

Posted on 8 years ago

A few more. Any help with info on the Ludwig HH (It is really nice) and the WFL snare stand and key would be great.

Thanks,

Creighton

Posted on 8 years ago

Last bunch. Easy to tell how the kit was set up from marks in the bass rims. That would be cowbell rash on the tom. Funny when the head tore just flipped it over and added some more scrapes :-).

Creighton

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here