Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Ringo Premier Set? Dont Think So....

Interesting EBAY auction:

Premier-Vintage-60s-Percussion-Drum-Set-3-piece-Made-in-England-Ringo-Starr-/141752647866?hash=item21011dc0ba[/url]

What do you think? Is the price fair>?

Posted on 9 years ago

It's been relisted back to it's original listing price of $500.00 and has a bid on it now !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

Yes, and only 1 bid. The buyer must not know too much about Ringos Premiers, OR desperately wants it....thats alot for a set that needs that much work.

Posted on 9 years ago

this one seems to be cheaper.

eBay item # 121647078351

Posted on 9 years ago

It's my bid.I have a very nice set,BUT the BD is a 22".I only want the Bd and will trade out any bad hardware with some nice stuff on mine.When it is done I will sell 22",16" and 12".

Ludwig collection of sets and pioneer snare drums.
Example of Rogers,Slingerland,Gretsch,Premier and Ajax sets.
Various '60's and '70's US,English and Japanese snare drums.
HELP,NEED MORE SPACE!
Posted on 9 years ago

The 20 inch BD in the Ebay auction has the cymbal mount on the BD, which Ringo did not have. Does your 22 have the cymbal mount? If it doesnt, i honestly think youre closer to Ringo with the 22!!

By the way....I'm curious. Are you using Pre international sized heads? ? If you look closely at the Ebay set, on the mounted tom, hes using a standard 12 inch head, and it does not sit inside the rim, it sits outside. looks really weird to me!!

Posted on 9 years ago

My toms have pre-international heads.The bass drum has had a different tom mount added and had extra holes drilled.Not all of them are covered by the correct mount.I am building this set as I go and getting closer,piece by piece.It is not the cheapest way to go ,but I will get there.My snare is also not correct.It is not the 4" version and I don't know when one will come along.Any ideas where I can find the correct color in the 4" model?

HELP,NEED MORE SPACE!
Posted on 9 years ago

Hey there Gonedrums,

Thanks for the reply. Did the Pre International heads you bought fit the Premiers? Someone posted that they bought them recently and they did not fit, they had to grind down the rim of the head.

Anyway, a couple of things: Unfortunetly, the 4 inch Royal Ace in Duroplast Finish Snare (which is what Ringo had) is one of the hardest drums to find anywhere. They didnt make a whole lot of them, and hardly any made it to America. If by some miracle you do find one, be prepared to pay around $1,000 if its in good condition. This has always been the big problem with re-creating the Ringo premier set.

Bass Drum: I can see why you would want to upgrade your bass drum, but keep in mind, the one on Ebay still isnt correct either. Beatlemanics will shout to point out that Ringo didnt use the model with the cymbal mount on the bass drum. Thats just how they are.

You *might* want to wait until another Duroplast set shows up on Ebay that has the correct bass drum, thats not missing all that hardware, and it might have the correct snare as well. One showed up on Ebay around 3 months ago (WITH the correct snare) in perfect condition. It was there only a few hours. Just food for thought.

Can you post pix of your Premier set? Would love to see 'em. I'm restoring a 1967 Trixon Telstar Set in WMP. Crazy looking drums.

I also have a 1956 set of Sonors that are a complete wreck but that I plan to restore later in the year when I have more time. Those drums are complete but are in crappy condition, but they are worth restoring because they are SUPER rare, you never see them anywhere.

Posted on 9 years ago

Must have missed the set on ebay that you mentioned.I hardly ever miss anything like that!Crap!Oh well,guess it wasn't meant to be that time.I will take this 20, if I get it,until something better comes along.

Yes the pre international heads fit my toms just fine.Had to wait a bit to get them.Seems they don't show up many places.I ended up getting mine from Nick Hopki Drums in jolly old England.He is consistently carrying them now.

Sounds like you have some great projects going.Drop me your email and I will see if I can send out a pic or two of the Premier set. Jim

HELP,NEED MORE SPACE!
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here