Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Rhythm King Drums!!! HELP form the UK

Hello one and all

Newbie here - based in London UK. Primary Question is please can someone shed some light on Rhythm King Drum kits - NOT the new company but the old 20's BE BOP Kits.

WHY??!

Because I have been restoring an old bass drum - from fleabay of course - and never knew what it was. Anyway the drum is restored and sounds lovely. 20 x 14 old chromed brass hand made lugs - full length on the bass drum but it had no badge...

... yesterday I won a 12 inc matching tom! with the Rhythm king badge on it (see my profile picture). So I know (think) I know what the bass drum is. It has a single top hoop with the hook over 20s style (image attached I hope).

So just need a floor tom and I have the whole kit- probably take another two years to find that, but thats the joy of this drum lark. Soon as the new girl is finished and refurbed I will post some pics of the kit to date but anyone that knows please let me know the History... thanks - T

1 attachments
Timbo
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Cool Yes Sir You are right - it's hecka OLD fer sure - those single-flange hoops attest to that - Post a pic of the interior of the shell so we can determine the wood & construction[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Since be bop was started in the late '40s, don't see how there can be bebop sets from the 1920s...

Some companies used those clip style rims into the '60s...and a 14 x 20 bass drum would also most likely be from at least the 1950s.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks - I am sure you are right and I wouldn't be surprise if they are from the 60s. But I can't find anything on the net about Rhythm Kings! Strange that such a good sounding drum could have little or no heritage... the plot thickens!band2

Timbo
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here