Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Reuse drum wrap?

Has anyone ever stripped the wrap from a (bass) drum and successfully reused and installed the old wrap to a different drum? I saw one person selling such a skin and I'm sure it was a salvage piece. It sounds silly, but sometimes you find an obsolete wrap and, you know, save the wrap. I'm always considering options, but wondering about this one...Sumo Dude

Currently working on a 7 piece virgin double bass 3 ply early 70's Ludwig kit to be wearing....MOD ORANGE.
Posted on 14 years ago

Yes and absolutely yes. So long as it wasn't shortened or damaged, it's a simple process. Sometimes, you have to test it to ensure lug holes will line up (individuals drilled these things...not a machine). I've done a couple successfully. I have a 20 inch club date bass wrap that would slip right on. I checked a snare wrap and it fit with no problems. Anyone else?

Posted on 14 years ago

I have been considering wrapping some 8" and 10" slingerland concert toms using the red sparkle wrap off an old slingerland bass drum shell I have. The only problem is the wrap is extremely faded on the top side of the bass drum and I'm not sure I'll be able to get enough good wrap from the bottom side. Once I get the nasty chrome-o off of the concert toms I'll check it out.

Posted on 14 years ago

I am about to. I have salvaged some ruby Strata I am going to cut it and make 6", 8" & 10" double headed Standard toms out of them. I have the shells - 3 ply luddies, so why not?

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here