Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Restoring Tama superstar 10 pc.

Hello. I'm new here.:)

I have a late 80's Tama superstar 10 pc kit I custom ordered to resemble Neil Pearts kit. I played them for quite some time with different bands until life hit me in the face and went to school. Violin 20 years, my wife, two teen age children, a mini van and one mortgage later. I still have them. Im in the middle of tearing them down cleaning and polishing. I lost a few threaded inserts. Anyone know where to get um?

Thanks!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I'd love to see a pic...the old Superstars were awesome kits.

If the threads are standard thread, which I think they are...and not a weird Japanese metric...then...do you need the kind which fasten inside with a spring o with a rubber slot washer ? The latter are available at drummaker.com...just standard generics. So are t-rod washers.

For other things which need to be orig. vintage Tama, eBay is your best bet...or post in wanted section here....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks Jaye.

Its the type which fasten with the rubber slot washer. But what does drum maker call the threaded lug inserts? I cant find them.

Everything else is cleaning up nicely and I will post a pic when Im done. Its taking me about 8 hrs per drum to tear them apart, polish chrome with blue magic chrome polish then seal them with mothers polymer chrome polish. Wax the shells etc. My cymbals are Zildjians with the Brilliant finish. All drums have hard cases.

Im tempted to sell them when Im finished. Not that I don't love playing, but I support a one income family and the time just isn't there. Thats why they sat. Possessions weigh you down. Is my kit a collectors kit? And how would I go about determining what its worth if I try craigs list? Seems like Ebay gets good dollar but its not local and you really cant see just how nice they are from a picture on the net.

Thanks again..

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I dunno...i couldn't find 'em either. call and ask...it may have been precisiondrum.com, also....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here