Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Restoring Rogers Fullerton kit

I was wondering what range of tom hoops can be authentically swapped. Meaning if it's a 72 kit what years might work... 70-75 etc. Are possible different brands acceptable? I know they'll fit however for an authentic resto are say Ludwig hoops the same?

This is my 1st real resto project, trying to stay as original as possible.

Thanks!

Posted on 6 years ago

Hi Red-Rocker!

When it comes to the details, many drummers aren't aware that each manufacturer's hoops were formed a bit differently. The biggest difference was how the "ears" were formed; that part of the hoop where the tension rod passes through to the lug. Rogers hoops were pretty much the same from the mid-60's all the way through the mid-70's. To illustrate, notice the hoops on the supplied pictures.

My Dynasonic clone snare drum uses hoops from my 1966 COB Dynasonic. Those on my custom 12x15 floor tom use the original hoops from about 1973. Finally, the rack tom used generic hoops. You can see how wide the ears on those hoops are, when compared to original Rogers. Will 99.9% percent of people know the difference? Probably not! The biggest issue is tracking down Rogers hoops in good condition!

-Mark

3 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

From idrum4fun

Hi Red-Rocker!When it comes to the details, many drummers aren't aware that each manufacturer's hoops were formed a bit differently. The biggest difference was how the "ears" were formed; that part of the hoop where the tension rod passes through to the lug. Rogers hoops were pretty much the same from the mid-60's all the way through the mid-70's. To illustrate, notice the hoops on the supplied pictures. My Dynasonic clone snare drum uses hoops from my 1966 COB Dynasonic. Those on my custom 12x15 floor tom use the original hoops from about 1973. Finally, the rack tom used generic hoops. You can see how wide the ears on those hoops are, when compared to original Rogers. Will 99.9% percent of people know the difference? Probably not! The biggest issue is tracking down Rogers hoops in good condition!-Mark

It`s often overlooked when the wrong hoop is combined with the lug, there is a splay in the t-rods. this drives the hoop into the shell. Yours have zero splay. Fantastic condition too.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here