Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Restoring is my hobby

A friend of mine who posts on this site had an old Bollero snare and he didn't have any use for it anymore. I went and got the snare from him and we chatted about his up coming gig on a cruise. i took the drum home and figured that a 10 lugger had to be restored. I had an old piece of Blue satin flame wrap lying around and an English throw off in decent shape. I put a couple of hours into it and the end result is pretty cool. 3 of the lugs are not straight as you can see in one of the pictures but i used the factory holes. I have seen that in the past but it tunes up really well nevertheless. Also i had a Supreme badge and i threw it on there. Is that a big NO-NO? I don't plan on selling it, i just want to keep it and play it occasionally. Before and after photos tell the tale.

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 4 years ago

No one will mistake it for a high value vintage snare, and likely both original brand and Supreme are equal, so no problem IMHO. If it sound good, wrack the heck out of it and enjoy. Upgraded I think.

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here