Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Restoring a Sonor TD Tiger kit

OK, I thought it best to continue with this here, the original thread is that one:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=47423

First, the tom-tom. That's what it looked like before stripping. Everplay head on (in good condition), no reso head or bottom hoop. Top hoop pitted and rusty at places.

Alex

Posted on 9 years ago

As I mentioned in the other thread, someone's spilled something on the tom, and it's run down the mount side of it damaging the wrap slightly. It reminds me of a burn mark that has healed. I hope you can see that in the pic - dunno how to deal with that yet. Other than that, there are no major issues with the outside.

Posted on 9 years ago

Pics of the hardware. As expected, the worst part is the washers: really rusty, some of the smaller ones crumbled when removed. The rest look like they'll come around after a nice bath. Any ideas on how to replace the muffler felt are welcome. In the photo of the lug, you can see traces of a white liquid - most probably, the culprit for the wrap damage.

Posted on 9 years ago

Pics of the bare shell. The center of it is slightly bent inwards on the badge side; if it weren't for the re-rings, I'd probably be dealing with an out-of-round drum here. There are signs of mould, so in need of fungicidal (!?!?) treatment.

Posted on 9 years ago

I would suggest this, replace the washers with stainless because the rust has moved up the grain enough. It will stop that. Keep the originals in a bag or something in the snare case.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here