Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Restoring A Dyna Sonic Badge?

I am trying to fix up a 7 line Dyna Sonic snare with a badge that seems to be "washed" out by polish or something. Is there any way of restoring the lettering? The lettering is visible when you look down at it on a certain angle, but straight on it is washed out - can anything be done to enhance or improve the contrast in the badge? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey Mike!

Well... how steady is your hand??!! LOL! Here's an old auto detailer's trick, and it just may be the ticket for you here:

Get yourself a NEW Black "Sharpie" and "Marks-A-Lot" indelible marker. I think you know the rest... Carefully fill in all the areas that need to be black using both these markers. Use the "Sharpie" for the outlining work as it has that nice sharp tip. Use the "Marks-A-Lot" indelible marker to fill in those areas. Work slowly, allowing the marker to dry before continuing, especially if you're left handed. You don't want any smudges. You may have to go around TWICE to let the marker fill in and become opaque, as in SOLID Black. After the marker has air dried, it shouldn't smudge or come off from rubbing, and should look as new... or certainly close enough from a distance of about an inch, or less! Here's the cool thing:

Should you not stay between the lines or smudge... NO PROBLEM! ... one swipe with a tissue dipped in lacquer thinner, and it all comes off wiith no damage to the badge, and you can start again. Now,

My only word of advice is to drink LOTS of Starbucks coffee before you begin, as you do want a steady hand! LOL!!!! Little joke there Mike! And yes, I have used this technique with EXCELLENT results. Good luck!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Tommyp,

As usual, many thanks - I will take your advice too, and drink lots of Starbucks!

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here