Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Restoring 1960's Slingerland

I have just purchased a Slingerland Niles Badge from the mid 1960's. It is

20x14 and I am having trouble finding the right lugs and tom mount i need for it. It also has holes for a cymbal arm. The bass is drilled for small lugs / long t's, as the lugs go in the center of the drum. I have not seen it before but from what I can find on it it is Club Date model. If anyone has suggestions or knows of places that I could buy the necessary lugs and tom and cymbal mounts that would great.

Posted on 16 years ago

Well ebay, of course, is a good place to look. Buying a couple old marching snares might be the cheapest way to get those center mount lugs.

Those darn L-arms and mounts are going like gold these days. Just take out the wallet and buy them when you see them if you want them now.

Finding these old parts is kind of like crossing the country on a motorcycle ... you gotta enjoy the ride as much as the destination or it can be a very long trip.

I just started playing and restoring a couple vintage Slingerland sets and I am just really, really enjoying this new hobby.

Put up some pictures and let us see what you're working on.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here