Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Restoring 15" Ludwig from the early 1920s...

I am restoring a 15X7 Ludwig snare and need some help finding parts. It's a single ply that originally came with thumbscrews. I'd love to find 16 thumbscrews, but I don't think that's likely. So what I'm considering is drilling it for 10 tube lugs and putting single flange hoops on it.

So, does anyone know where I can find single flange 15" hoops, or the old thumbscrews that tighten from the top and bottom?

Posted on 14 years ago

Not sure about finding thumb screws. That's a tough part to find and it would be a shame to drill such an old drum. But a drum left unplayed and incomplete forever is worse than a drum that is upgraded. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I am building a 6 1/2 x 15 snare with ten imperial lugs (the old nob flat ones) and was unable to find anyone that sells or produces 15" single flanged hoops. It would have looked great. If you know of anyone please let me know.

I was able to find 15" 10-lug triple flanged hoops (2.3mm) though if you wanted to go that route.

Good luck. 15's are THE BEST!!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here