Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Restored Big R kit finds a new home!

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to report that the Big R kit that I restored was recently sold to a fellow drummer who will be using them in his studio in Newport Beach! Attached are some pictures showing them set up and miked. The current snare drum is a Ludwig Supraphonic LM402! These pictures were sent to me just one day after they were picked up!

Here's some background...

The wonderful person who bought them was looking for a Big R kit due to his relationship with Rogers, Roy Burns and Aquarian! We met half way, only 15 miles from me, and spent more than 30 minutes talking drums! It turns out that Larry, the buyer, had taken drum lessons from Roy many years ago. Larry was blown away when I told him I had also taken lessons and that Roy and I were in a photo together in Modern Drummer magazine! I sent the picture to Larry!

Larry had also told me how, after a lesson, Roy told Larry that there was nothing more that he could teach him and that this would be his last lesson! Larry continued to have a great relationship with Roy over the years and also endorsed Aquarian heads.

Finding my kit allowed Larry to come full circle with Rogers, Roy and Aquarian. The supplied bass drum batter head on the Big R kit is an Aquarian Super Kick I!!

I can't imagine Catherine's brother's Big R kit going to a better, and more deserving person!

It's taken a long time to sell the kit, but it was well worth the wait!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Nicely done Mark.

Posted on 4 years ago

He got those drums for a song. If I coulda, I woulda!

Good job, Birthday Boy.

Josh

Posted on 4 years ago

Well done, Mark! I don't think it could have turned out much better.

Kurt

1974-75 Rogers Starlighter IV New England White 13/16/22 (w/Dyna)
1964-67 Rogers Blue Glass Glitter 12/14/16/20
early Oaklawn Camco Blue Moire 12/14/20
1926 Super Ludwig 5x14
1960-ish Ludwig COB 5x14 Super Sensitive
1960-ish Ludwig COB 6.5x14 Super Sensitive
1970 Ludwig COB Cut-Badge 5x14 Supra Phonic

Looking for a Camco Aristocrat SD in Blue Moire!!
Posted on 4 years ago

Great news Mark ! Looks like you found that Big R kit the perfect home.

You certainly are an all around good guy and outstanding member of this forum !

Doug

Posted on 4 years ago

From Drum Doug

Great news Mark ! Looks like you found that Big R kit the perfect home.You certainly are an all around good guy and outstanding member of this forum !Doug

Hi Doug!

Thanks so much for the compliments!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Wow Catherine, that's a great testimony to the power of forums and communities like this.

I'm glad this all worked out and I'm glad you found Mark. He's one of the good guys around here! Yes Sir

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here