Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Restorations what not to do.

An advice to musicians , armatures and those that are beginning into the business. Your Instruments are very expensive and cost lots of money and time to Repair by a professional repair person. If you play any percussion instrument that require tuning Grease The Lugs! it is very important. Keep away from Humid place this will save your skins and also prevents rust from setting in. Those that think that by putting extra lacquer on your drums on top of lacquer please do not do this damages the finish of your drum and very hard to remove. If you DO NOT know any thing on restoration of a drum ASK someone that does. Gluing, Polishing a drum is no easy job if you do not know, DO NOT intent if you do not know how. I will soon post a set of Rogers timbales that I purchased from a member that I have taken on to restore from a deplorable condition to New. This is reason that I post this advice some one sprayed Lacquer over lacquer, Lugs full of rust, bad treading due to the removal and and reinstating them back. removal and not replacing of non-original parts. On restorations Original parts can be found for many brands that are no longer available you just have to look.

Posted on 10 years ago

as far as spraying a finish on drums there is a test kit from reliable that tells you what kind of lacquer is there. so you can re melt the same finish for touch ups etc

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

Here is are photos from when I got to how they came out. Some idiot Put lacquer on top of Lacquer and on the lugs also. Stand all bent. Lug damaged due to taking them off and not replacing them proper totally striped. A total mess and here is how they look today after work done.

Posted on 10 years ago

Wow! Those cleaned up really well. You did a fantastic job.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 10 years ago

first class all the way !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

very nice well done

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

Thank you for posting..

I really enjoy looking at the pictures of all yr hard wrk..

I'm guessing you put 2/3 days into these..?

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 10 years ago

Cuco - excellent job! You really brought those back to life!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 10 years ago

Great job bringing those back. Why anyone would have done that to those drums is beyond me, but I'm glad they found you! Thanks for the before and after pics!

Randy

Posted on 10 years ago

The final straw mounting calf heads on them one down one to go. Waiting for skin to arrive from Stern Tanning. Another added Value to them.

5 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here