Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Rering installation-

Has anyone here attempted to install a new rering in a drum that didn't come with one? And is it even possible or practical? My idea is to construct a mate for a semi-orphan resto project I acquired a few years ago. Early 60's Slingerland gold sparkle 8X12 and 12X22 horribly defaced w/black spray paint.The 12 has been Mostenbockered and still needs rering regluing and interior work. I have a luan 16X16 MIT that would be a good candidate for a rering install and recover. Any thoughts?

Posted on 10 years ago

So the Slingys have rings but need them re-glued, correct? The MIJ drum is the one that doesnt have rings?

Thats a good question, I think I have seen them for sale or at least they are offered fwith new drum shells. I would think the diameter of the drum would have to match the diameter of the ring perfectly or you might end up with an out of round shell. When I fixed my Slingerland snare (solid maple shell) I made a jig to keep the drum in round while the rings were being glued in. I would be glad to show you how I did it if you want.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 10 years ago

Maybe jonnistix will see this.

He posted a link several times where to buy rerings.

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 10 years ago

That is correct-the Slingy's have rerings which need some gluing. I'm also considering recovering an "Ideal" MIJ FT (which is actually pretty nice RED sparkle) in gold, since it has Slingy knockoff lugs on it already. It also has no rerings.

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

I don't see why its not possible. A few places can make them for you. The most difficult part would be the inside angle or taper follow the bearing edge.

Sonor SQ2 10 14 18 American Walnut
L.A. Camco 12 14 18 Moss Green
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 18 w/snare Champagne
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 20 w/snare Burgundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdcpleTKlI

82nd ABN DIV OEF OIF Combat Infantry Veteran
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here