Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Request Info on Strupe Master Tension

Hi. What exactly was the tuning mechanism like on these things? I have never seen one in detail. Any information is appreciated. What is the value of one? Thanks.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Is this the one you're asking about?

Posted on 17 years ago

tbone!

Thanks, man! I'm not sure if that is the same or similar mechanism as was on the Strupe or not. From the fuzzy pictures of a Master Tension drum that I have, the rims and lugs are definitely different than what is in your photo.

I am (somewhat) trying to compile a list of drums that utilized some kind of tensioning system that was other than the conventional designs we know today.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

tbone!Thanks, man! I'm not sure if that is the same or similar mechanism as was on the Strupe or not. From the fuzzy pictures of a Master Tension drum that I have, the rims and lugs are definitely different than what is in your photo.I am (somewhat) trying to compile a list of drums that utilized some kind of tensioning system that was other than the conventional designs we know today.

You're welcome. This was a WW2 WFL drum & the tensioning system was definitely developed by Strupe, I had to research it cause it was going into Classic Drummer Magazine. The 'lugs' on this drum are stationary & screwed to the shell & hold the rims stationary, too. The bearing edge hoop is what moves, providing the tightness of the heads, due to the expanding of the ribs.

There may be other Strupe systems, I wouldn't know.

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey O-lugs visit the Google Patents and type in Strupe.

Also try and type in a few variants of the name and or search by the patent holder name.

Click Here

David

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here