Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Repro stickers?

There's a Swivomatic on ebay with a reproduction Rogers sticker. I've also seen Slingerland stickers.

Is there a source for these? Store, collector with a horde, anything?

NEVER would try to pass them off as original, but I see this on car restoration all the time, just to complete the look.

Posted on 12 years ago

I purchased some Slingerlands from Drums on Sale.. (the vinyl ones)..

a couple of different sizes and colors and most major brands covered..

Happy with the price & quality..

Cheers

(from Mesa Verde Colorado)

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 12 years ago

were these the bass drum logos? I'm thinking of the smaller one that go on hardware, stands, etc...

Posted on 12 years ago

This Ebay seller has several versions of the Slingy hardware repro's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120865726896?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Posted on 12 years ago

I've purchased some nice Slingerland hardware logos in the past, but can't remember the seller right now. As for Rogers labels, I see these quite often from the eBay seller "kingsmusic". My only issue with this is that he loves to put these labels on everything... including stands that NEVER came with a label!

The same holds true for Slingerland, who put the labels on cymbal and snare stands, but I never recall seeing them on hi hat stands.

If I'm going to put labels on my hardware, I try to be correct as to which stands they were on!

Posted on 12 years ago

Yep, I found some Slingerland stickers on ebay.

I found today that the flat snare stand, the 802, was in production for a decade or more. It looks like the only change was the later in life the sticker changer from black to red!

I also put a sticker on a nice Dynamo hi hat. I think it's correct on that one, too...

Posted on 12 years ago

Yeah, I bought some B/O Stickers on ebay from "My Old Kentucky Drums". I used them on my 70's (pressed leg) Atlas Cymbal Stands.

They look good and are "period correct", something we ALL take seriously here!

Posted on 12 years ago

From vyacheslav

Yeah, I bought some B/O Stickers on ebay from "My Old Kentucky Drums". I used them on my 70's (pressed leg) Atlas Cymbal Stands.They look good and are "period correct", something we ALL take seriously here!

he's got some neat stuff,repro badges and stuff. ive bought a couple of grommets from him as well. do you think he has the lisencing rights to make these things? ive always wondered about that....

mike

Posted on 12 years ago

+1 on period correct.I did the vintage car restoration thing for a while and learned a LOT about what NOT to do!

I recently reworked a nice WFL for a gent, and we went for a restoration, rather than a "rebuild," if that makes any sense.

I learned how to get those rivets into the toe of the Speed King footboard in the process.

Used the same rivets in another I just finished, with only one visible "update." Had some hoop clamp adjustment screws/bolts made - Purely for ergonomics.

Not correct...but consider it a daily driver!

[IMG]http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/wafulton/Markus%20SK/th_IMG_0004.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 12 years ago

beautiful work as always. i recommended you in aother thread on here tonight!

mike

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here