Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Replacement rubber bushings for 1958 Premier Super Ace throw

I am restoring a 1958 Premier Super Ace, and the rubber bushings in the throw mechanism were shot. I found a pretty good replacement at Ace Hardware that I was able to install without disassembling the brackets. Let me know if you need details/photos. If you have a snare with this issue, I can direct you or even try to pick some up for you if you can't find them in your area.

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks for posting this thread! I am also restoring a 50's Super Ace and would love to see pics and/or know more about what you found as a replacement part.

Best wishes,

Jeremy

Posted on 9 years ago

Add me to the list of people interested in understanding how this mechanism works. I couldn't get it to stay engaged completely, so after hours of dicking around I installed a generic throw (I didn't make any extra holes) and the snare sounds great. Now if I could just figure out how the parallel snare mechanism works, it'd be even better.

I've been considering admitting defeat and sending it to Nick Hopkin in the UK who seems to know these things better than anyone else I've come across.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here